We will be walking to the top of Mount Killawarra in the Northern Warby Ranges on September 2nd. It is only 334m high, and we start from an elevated level, so it is not too hard. There should be quite a few wildflowers out by then. We leave the Centre car park at 10.0am.
About Easy Walks
Easy Walks are aimed at maintaining fitness by introducing people to bushwalking and giving previous bushwalkers the opportunity to continue on shorter and easier tracks. Walks will
be approximately 5 - 7 kms without a lot of climbing, usually within an hour’s drive of Benalla. Participants will require sturdy shoes & able to carry a backpack containing snack, lunch, adequate water, water-proof jacket & personal items. Members are asked to notify the convenors of
attendance 3 days prior to the walk to enable carpooling,travel costs, and other arrangements.
Easy Walks are held on the first Wednesday of the month recommenc-ing in March 2020 and leave from the carpark behind the Senior Complex (U3A), Fawckner Drive, Benalla.
Depending on the season and weather conditions meeting
times are usually around 9 -10 am or as determined by the
convenors. Please check the monthly U3A Newsletter and
confirm details with the convenor.
Convenors and contact details
Wendy Sturgess ph. 0403226649; Margaret Walshe ph. 0357623906; 0427005202
- Our U3A
- Groups A - Z
- Booker Reading Group (2019)
- Comparative Religion (2015-16)
- Google Apps & Tech Savvy Plus (2016-17)
- History - An Introduction to Western Civilization (2019)
- History - Moments in Australian History (2018)
- Investment I (1996 -2015)
- Legal Matters (Short Course)
- Making the Most of the Internet (2015) >
- Opera (2016 - 2019)
- 'Over There' (2017, 2018)
- Rail and Tourism (2015-2016)
- Tech Savvy Drop In (2016)
- Travel Group (2018)
- A - C
- D - O
P - Z
- Our Stories 2019
- 2019 Program Guide - Semester 2