- U3A has 109 branches with 36,000 members in Victoria
- U3A has more members than Mens’ Sheds
- Mens’ Sheds have received $4.3 Million in funding since 2010
- Membership fees range from $40 to $75 per annum. Benalla is the only group in the state with a membership fee of $30
- A number of groups receive council funding up to $1500
- Most councils see U3A as a positive effect on the ageing population
- Funding is a major concern for many U3As
- Some U3As report that Utility charges are up to $6000 per year
U3A Benalla is indeed fortunate that previous committees have used good management and have been able to show a surplus over several years.
Starting in June the Recorder Group will be meeting at NEA on the second and fourth Wednesday from 10am-12noon.
Any group using a bus for outings must have it approved by the Committee.
A Blu-ray CD/DVD player has been purchased and installed and I hope this solves the problems that have occurred in the past.
As we will need up-to-date figures for grant applications, all convenors of external groups need to get their First Semester records to Geraldine at the end of the semester.
Dorothy Webber, President