La Cantina Winery, visited in late October, has an interesting family history; Gino Corsini, father of Peter & grandfather of Reuben, migrated from Bagni Di Luca, Tuscany to Australia in 1952, aged 19 years. The wine making techniques follow the traditional Corsini Family traditions, with no preservatives added and no filtration, retaining the full characteristics of each wine. The interesting Cellar Door building was built by Gino & Carmel Corsini in 1997 from Glenrowan granite rocks in traditional Tuscan style.
Meet at 10.00 am on Wednesday 24 October for a leisurely drive to La Cantina Winery in the King Valley.
Lunch at the Moyhu Hotel.
This group outing completes our 21st year of activities.
About the Wine Appreciation Group
- Groups A - Z
- Recent Groups >
A - M
- A Different View Of German History
- Armchair History (British)
- Armchair Traveller
- Booker Reading Group
- Bushwalking - Mid-week Walks
- Comparative Religion
- Facebook for Mentors
- German - Beginners
- Google Apps/TS Plus
- History - An Introduction to Western Civilization
- History - Moments in Australian History
- Hot Topics/The News - Fact or Fiction?
- Investment I (1996 -2015)
- Legal Matters (Short Course)
- Making the Most of the Internet
- O - Z >
- A - M >
- I - R
- S - Z