Tax seems to be the domestic theme this month as members of a Senate Committee expressed shock at the Multi Nationals shifting profits off-shore and leaving the Australian tax payer to cushion their debts. Much wailing and grinding of teeth will probably be of no use as these companies armed with their battalions of lawyers and accountants will ease their way round any new tax laws. So are the “Lifters” to be charged with an increased GST? Will “brave” politicians change Pensions and Super? The Politics group might need our Investment classes to give us a bit of advice on these issues.
About the Politics and Current Affairs group
Join our discussions as we dissect local, state, federal and world affairs.
Convenor and contact details
Terry Case 0427621700
2nd and 4th Tuesday 10.00 am to 12 midday
U3A Meeting Room, Benalla Senior Citizens Community Centre.
- Our U3A
- Groups A - Z
- Booker Reading Group (2019)
- Comparative Religion (2015-16)
- Google Apps & Tech Savvy Plus (2016-17)
- History - An Introduction to Western Civilization (2019)
- History - Moments in Australian History (2018)
- Investment I (1996 -2015)
- Legal Matters (Short Course)
- Making the Most of the Internet (2015) >
- Opera (2016 - 2019)
- 'Over There' (2017, 2018)
- Rail and Tourism (2015-2016)
- Tech Savvy Drop In (2016)
- Travel Group (2018)
- A - B
- C - G
- I - R
- S - Z
- COVID-19 Musings
- Car Stories
- 'Ideas Piggy Bank'
- 'Out Of The Blue'