We enjoyed contributions from Betty with a beautifully written piece on “We didn’t know that it would be our last sunset at the lake” . Neville’s memoir piece on Family Rituals reflected on traditions or regular routines being a continuum in providing solace for some but in doing so, excluding others. Jenny wrote on a story reflecting emotions eg fear, determination. The story illustrated the terror and fear of a Vietnamese family escaping from their country.
Our varied subjects promoted quite a lot of discussion, before a move was made to the North Eastern for a warming beverage. This was planned to be our last day at the North Eastern as Creative Writing will now extend for 2 hours at our U3A room.
The tasks for the Creative Writing session from 1.30 to 3.30 pm on the 9th July are –
- Write a story using one of the following prompts:
- Two years ago, I swore I would never come back here again
- Helen looked up from her reading and her book fell from her lap
- I was not ready to admit defeat
- Add to a paragraph supplied.