The February writing topics were:
- She/he/name opened the door and sighed
- After 70 plus years I finally received a valentine gift like no other
- The night was dark, but my secret was darker
- With dawn came the realisation that....
There was a wide range of stories, from lost and new loves (loves from the past, a new pet), new experiences (lost in the jungle, living on an outback station), unwelcome visitors (advice or help needed, the wolf seeking access to the third pig’s home), lessons to learn (need to grow up, learning there is more to saving the environment that not using plastic). There was only one story of a dark secret, and a very dark secret it was. On a lighter night we had one on the story of lost dentures – well not quite lost, just dropped in a most unsavoury place. Well done to all our writers this month.
The topics for our March class are:
- But the letter was dated 9 years before
- The waterfall cascaded to the depths below
- Who would have thought that...
For our 8 March class, we will be sharing the stories via email, with feedback discussion when we meet (assuming the room is available).