The topics for the class were jointly decided when we met up before Christmas:
- She knew she shouldn’t have drunk [eaten etc] it
- She was sitting alone in [the coffee shop…]
- Two candles with pepper and salt shakers
As usual, I saw a bit of a theme coming through some the stories – or maybe two this time. It is possible I am reading into the stories something deeper of course. What I saw this time was:
- Magic or fantasy:
- coronation of a new queen on an island governed by women,
- a river spirit providing gifts for someone who cared for the bush,
- a conversation between tableware after a dinner party, and
- a mixture of undercover police and trickery
- the river spirit and her care,
- friendship in a neighbourhood,
- friendship between the tableware, and
- caring by staff for an elderly guest at their restaurant.
For me it adds to the richness of receiving these stories each month.
The topics for our first formal class in 2021 are:
- She/he/name opened the door and sighed
- After 70 plus years I finally received a valentine gift like no other
- The night was dark, but my secret was darker
- With dawn came the realisation that....
We are looking forward to some new writers for 2021. We will be continuing the process of sharing the stories and feedback via email until we can access the U3A room, hopefully in March when we will have a class even though it falls on a public holiday.