During the class last month there was a brief discussion about the use of ‘colon; vs ‘semi-colon. So this month we had a session and challenge about the different uses of these two items of punctuation.
The prompts for August were:
- The swans bobbed up and down at the edge of the lake.
- It was the summer when the chickens went on strike.
- That part of the city always brought back memories.
The prompts for our September class are:
- She waved cheerfully as the boat gathered speed and disappeared around the bend.
- The wavelets washed over the sand and, in retreating, uncovered a shiny object still half buried on the desolate beach.
- He was lurking behind the bins OR He was found slumped behind the bins.