The April writing topics were:
- “I wonder if I can do it ....”
- He/she/name was back, everything would be alright
- He/she/they wrinkled his/her/their nose in distaste when the smell first hit them.
It is always a treat when the stories start coming in towards the end of the “writing” month. Stories varied, with some sad and others happy. But all included some great descriptions of either place or characters. All the topics were used by at least one class member this month. One of the favourites was “He/she/they wrinkled his/her/their nose in distaste when the smell first hit them.” The smells that included were a rotting corpse (it had a satisfying ending) and the acrid fumes resulting from reduction of balsamic vinegar. One of the stories was set in the jungle with a group of animals named after the letters of the alphabet – Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta and Omega.
We also had some discussion around some web sites that can help with our writing and grammar – soon to be shared with the rest of the class by those who mentioned them.
The topics for our May class are:
- Everything he did was a waste of time and energy
- But they had the benefit of a nearly full moon
- Everybody should have at least two.......
For our 10 May class, we will again share the stories via email ahead of the class, allowing time to read and prepare feedback for discussion when we meet.