We had an hilarious time with our November class. The play we read was… wait for it… “The Farndale Avenue Housing Estate Townswomen’s Guild Dramatic Society’s Production of Macbeth”. This is quite a mouthful!
The scene was the dramatic society’s production of Macbeth and all the pitfalls along the way. In reading the play we needed to be aware of when we were playing a member of the society and when that member was playing a character in Macbeth. With the first act the set had been set up in reverse, so the actors were playing with their backs to the audience. And when the actor to play Lady Macbeth got lost on the way to the theatre, the male stage hand (the only male in the cast) was forced into playing the part. Lots of mistake along the way with people forgetting lines, repeating lines, and our mis-reading of some of the lines only added to the hilarity. We all enjoyed a light very funny play to end the year.
Our Christmas breakup is morning tea on 5 December, meeting at the Art Gallery at 10:30.
About the Play Reading group
9.30 for a 9.45 am start to 12 noon
U3A Meeting Room, Fawckner Drive
Convenor/s and Contact Details
5762 6855 and team - Jenny Sawyer and Shirley Swallow; with directorial support from Keith Rogers.
Deniliquin play recommendations by author/
recommendations by date read/
- Our U3A
- Groups A - Z
- Booker Reading Group (2019)
- Comparative Religion (2015-16)
- Google Apps & Tech Savvy Plus (2016-17)
- History - An Introduction to Western Civilization (2019)
- History - Moments in Australian History (2018)
- Investment I (1996 -2015)
- Legal Matters (Short Course)
- Making the Most of the Internet (2015) >
- Opera (2016 - 2019)
- 'Over There' (2017, 2018)
- Rail and Tourism (2015-2016)
- Tech Savvy Drop In (2016)
- Travel Group (2018)
- A - B
- C - G
- I - R
- S - Z
- COVID-19 Musings
- Car Stories
- 'Ideas Piggy Bank'
- 'Out Of The Blue'