Our newly introduced segment “Coin of the Month” (April was Most Attractive Coin) has fired up members to revisit their collections and make some hard noodling judgements. We saw some magnificent coins presented including:-
- English 1993 bi metal 2 pound coin
- Alaskan rodeo Palmer Dollar
- Australian 2000 Olympic Games $5 coin
- English set of 3 $1 coins depicting the QE 2 Coronation, beautifully coloured.
- Australian Centenary of Federation 201 6 coin proof set which contained a startling coloured 50 cent piece of the Australian Coat of Arms.
The winner was the QE2 coronation coins, who duly received the Coin of The Month prize.
Our show and tell segment was presented with the $2 coloured coin commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the Vietnam War. Also presented was a complete folder of 60 coloured $2 coins covering the first release in 2012 to the present.A very desirable collection envied by coin collectors.
Our Coin of the Month for May will be the smallest size dated coin.