The Garden Team will on 28th March. A report will be included next month.
We had a splendid and hard-working team on a day timed beautifully after a couple of 40 degree days.
Much pruning and weeding is now on its way to being turned into mulch (or goat manure) and the ducks enjoyed the snails.
We also enjoyed an afternoon tea of the usual high standard.
The owner of the green-handled Laser clippers should contact Elspeth ( 0418621764) if they wish to see them again before we meet in March at Shirlie's garden.
Bring your diary so we can start settling the batting order, which will be somewhat similar to the last couple of years but with the chance to swap dates if you already know that you'll be away or especially want the team at, say, rose pruning time.
We look forward next time to meeting new member Ian and welcoming back Jane and Bill.
About the Garden Team
A band of enthusiastic gardeners gathers once a
month for an afternoon at each member’s garden in rotation. The working bee uses each members skills and abilities to achieve about six
hours effect in an hour and a half. Then
we rest on our laurels with tea provided by the host and a home-baked and/or healthy
plate from the visitors. We head home a
little fitter and inspired, often with a new cutting or garden tip.
2nd and 5th Mondays
2 to 4 pm
Meet at members' gardens by turn.
(If the 2nd Monday is a public holiday, the garden team often meets on an alternate day. Information about changes is included in the newsletter)
Convenor and contact details
0418 621 764
- Our U3A
- Groups A - Z
- Booker Reading Group (2019)
- Comparative Religion (2015-16)
- Google Apps & Tech Savvy Plus (2016-17)
- History - An Introduction to Western Civilization (2019)
- History - Moments in Australian History (2018)
- Investment I (1996 -2015)
- Legal Matters (Short Course)
- Making the Most of the Internet (2015) >
- Opera (2016 - 2019)
- 'Over There' (2017, 2018)
- Rail and Tourism (2015-2016)
- Tech Savvy Drop In (2016)
- Travel Group (2018)
- A - C
- D - O
P - Z
- Our Stories 2019
- 2019 Program Guide - Semester 2