A Plane You Can Drive? Ted Talk for Tech Savvy Talks this morning! We're also going to chat about legal dilemmas arising from 3D printing from a recent 'Law Report' and 94 year old inventor of the lithium battery John Goodenough's recent release of a new battery. And then - our guest speaker, class member Brent, is going to introduce and demonstrate his electric farm vehicle!
About 'Tech Savvy Talks'
Are you reasonably ‘Tech Savvy’ and keen to continue developing your knowledge base? Then this ‘Tech Savvy’ discussion group may be of interest. Monthly sessions include viewing of topical ‘TED Talks’; presentations on topics of interest by class members or guest speakers; shared news of developments across a range of technologies such as 'robotics'; 'alternative options to baseload energy'; 'driverless cars'; 'alternative vehicles' and more. Topics discussed include developments in science as well as technology.
Second Wednesday 11 am to 1 pm U3A Meeting Room
Neville Gibb 0428 858 688 will facilitate a team effort by group members to develop and deliver sessions of interest in 2020.
Resources from Ian McLeod's 'Making the Most of the Internet' course which preceded Tech Savvy:
Links and references
- Our U3A
- Groups A - Z
- Booker Reading Group (2019)
- Comparative Religion (2015-16)
- Google Apps & Tech Savvy Plus (2016-17)
- History - An Introduction to Western Civilization (2019)
- History - Moments in Australian History (2018)
- Investment I (1996 -2015)
- Legal Matters (Short Course)
- Making the Most of the Internet (2015) >
- Opera (2016 - 2019)
- 'Over There' (2017, 2018)
- Rail and Tourism (2015-2016)
- Tech Savvy Drop In (2016)
- Travel Group (2018)
- A - C
- D - O
P - Z
- Our Stories 2019
- 2019 Program Guide - Semester 2