The 500 words topic for our meeting on July 20th from 2 to 4 pm is 'Lost and Found' – “Write about a time you lost something you owned, treasured, or believed in - and the lengths you went to, to get it back. Maybe it was a precious family heirloom you misplaced, an adventurous toddler who wandered out of sight, or perhaps you lost your way in an unfamiliar place. Take us on the search to find your lost thing. How did the loss affect you and those around you? Were you reunited? Was it back to business as usual, or did your life change in ways you could never imagine?" Some ‘Lost and Found’ examples are already appearing on ABC Open. We are a small group and would welcome new members in Semester 2.
As Time Goes By - 'In Isolation'
:While we are 'in isolation' monthly topics are being shared on the website.
COVID-19 online stories
March: Making Waves
April: Winging It/Taking the Plunge
May: Anzac Day or Turning Point
June: 'I grew up in...'
To read more 'our stories'.by author, go to
'As Time Goes By' provides an outlet and support for members keen to write about their lives and to tell stories their families may not get around to asking them about. Writing tasks are reminiscence oriented and set as monthly ‘500 Words’ writing topics.
4th Monday 2 - 4 pm U3A meeting room
- Our U3A
- Groups A - Z
- Booker Reading Group (2019)
- Comparative Religion (2015-16)
- Google Apps & Tech Savvy Plus (2016-17)
- History - An Introduction to Western Civilization (2019)
- History - Moments in Australian History (2018)
- Investment I (1996 -2015)
- Legal Matters (Short Course)
- Making the Most of the Internet (2015) >
- Opera (2016 - 2019)
- 'Over There' (2017, 2018)
- Rail and Tourism (2015-2016)
- Tech Savvy Drop In (2016)
- Travel Group (2018)
- A - C
- D - O
P - Z
- COVID-19 Musings