1. Individual tutorials. These will conclude at the end of May. Elementary group members who elected to pursue this avenue when we went into lockdown will then have sufficient grammar to articulate into the other streams to improve their language skills.
2. & 3. Phone friends and e-penpals were changed for the new month. General everyday spoken or written conversations are the theme.
4. An original article delivered into inboxes most weeks continues to be very popular. The English translation arrives a couple of days later to those who want it. It is also used as a medium for pronunciation practice by phone.
5. The perpetual sentence has the theme of our personal experiences around the coronavirus. Most members have contributed to it now.
6. The play. Act 1 went out at the beginning of the month and parts have been allocated. People who would benefit from pronunciation coaching are honing their parts before the next act comes out at the beginning of the next month. The play reading will proceed in September.
I would like to acknowledge the reliable support and friendship of Janet Martens, who has made it fun to deliver a programme together under challenging circumstances. We extend to Horst Gunther our ongoing support and best wishes as he takes on the role of convenor over winter.