In April, a call out went to the Demystifying Psychology Group for volunteers for two experimental “zoom” internet meetings. A BIG shout out and thank you to the lovely guinea pigs who joined in the experimental meetings and/or offered great ideas. The following is based on your input.
Starting 15th May, Demystifying Psychology will host twice monthly “zoom” internet discussion groups. The discussion groups will continue until we receive notification that groups such as ours may recommence. All U3A members are welcome.
The purpose of the Demystifying Psychology discussion group is to enjoy informative, relaxed chats and to share ideas. You can bring a topic, join a topic, or just listen. Have a look at our page on the U3A Benalla website for some pre-covid19 background:
How to participate:
- Download the “Zoom” app to your device. View at https://youtu.be/fMUxzrgZvZQ
- Join one or both monthly meetings on:
- 3rd Friday afternoon 2-3 pm (beginning 15 May; link #1 below) and/or
- 1st Wed morning 10.30-11.30 am (Beginning 3rd June; link #2 below).
- Topics will be generated by discussion group participants - current interest is Forensic Psychology
- 15 minutes - outline of key themes/research/concepts of the chosen topic.
- 24 minutes - group discussion.
- No need to book in - simply join by activating the meeting link.
- Curiosity mandatory ... no other pre-requisites.
NOTE - help to download Zoom is available:
PC users - general inquiries - call me 0437 621 57
Apple users - call Jenny Sawyer (Tech Savvy Convener) 0409 545 18 (Thanks Jenny :))
1 Use this link/password/meeting ID for every Third Friday PM discussion group
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 770 1131 3324
2 Use this link/password/meeting ID for every First Wednesday AM discussion group
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 721 5943 0694
Hope to see you on 15 May.
Keep well everyone.
0437 621 575