An introduction to the new website
This new website is being trialled and tested using user friendly Weebly.com to showcase our activities. A separate page has been set up for each course or activity (See Groups A-Z on menu).
We are hoping convenors will take an active interest in the website, particularly in their group's web page, however don't want contributing to the web site to become onerous!
The reports already written for the Newsletter each month are being added to each group's page each month, providing current, interesting information for people dipping in to the website to find out more about Benalla and District's U3A. This seems to be working well!
Occasionally a group doesn't write reports for the newsletter. The web team will make contact with the convenor from time to time to take some photos, perhaps interview a member, adding latest news to the page with the group's permission.
Convenors can choose how they would like content to be added to their group's web page:-
* Newsletter reports added by web team.
* Newsletter reports and additional news, photos, videos etc added by the web team.
* Newsletter content and additional photos, news, videos etc added by the convenor or a person from the group who has been trained to use Weebly and has given access to theWgroup's webpage.
* Combinations of the above.
Other options include adding -
* an index of class documents
* lesson resources such as notes, links to websites and YouTube videos;
* a drop down side menu for particular 'sub' groups, topics, etc.
* photographs and videos of the group.
We would appreciate feedback from convenors on the banner photograph on the top of their group's page and the contents already added for the trial. Are you happy with these? Would you like some changes /improvements to be made?